Tuesday 10 May 2016

Summer Vibes


The sun was shining brightly and it was hot, hot, hot on Sunday. We enjoyed our first BBQ of the season in our little back garden at midday, and then slumped about inside for the early afternoon as it was too warm for us to venture out.

Daddy BBQ flex

Eventually, I walked with Eve down to Perrett Park just before dinner time, as it had become slightly cooler. She was desperate to play hopscotch! I lathered her in sun lotion and we set off together. She enjoyed wearing her new jelly shoes - which just about fit, phew.


There were quite a lot of older kids in the park, so Eve found it a bit tricky getting on to the different apparatus, but she gave it a good go. 



As I didn't take the pram I ended up having to carry Eve most of the way home, but she did really well and walked all the way down the steep grassy hill in the park to the playground and half way back up again.

Determined climb up the hill

My feel good factor of the weekend was perfecting my super bars recipe, with the help of the Nutribullet.

I turned cashew, pecan nuts, goji berries and chia seeds into dust, then mixed them with pureed apricots that I had simmered on the hob. Whilst my mixture set in the fridge, I heated up cacao nibs with coconut oil and then added super green powder to my cool chocolate mix before spreading it over the top of the bars. 

Eve loved eating them with me and it's nice to know that she's getting some serious goodness inside. (I am constantly worrying that she doesn't get enough vegetables and fruit...)

Eve loves helping me water the garden






No comments:

Post a Comment