Thursday 30 June 2016

Day to Day

The Little Mermaid

After a week of on and off accidents in bed, Eve completely nailed potty training. We are super proud of her. She loves being independent, and we feel confident in her potty abilities. She's so determined in her outlook of life, even at the young age of 2 and a half. As we get older our realisations about age change, It's not until I had a baby that I realised how clued up kids are. They understand much more than we give them credit for sometimes.

Eve enjoying a sandwich in her den.

As we've had some rainy spells lately, Eve has loved making dens in the lounge with her Dad. Along with sofa cushions, she's also realised that our washing racks make great camps too. I absolutely adored building camps inside and out when I was small. Imagining, building and projecting these ideas is a real rite of passage in a child's life.

Arnos Vale Cemetery

Mummy and Eve in Arnos Vale Cemetery.


Eve loves going for trolley rides in Lidl. She also loves eating half the produce as she goes round the shop, but is very good at naming the items of food too.

Sticker time

What kid doesn't like stickers?! Eve is a huge fan. The Craftisan craft cafe at the end of our road sells some lovely, inexpensive stickers. She loves choosing a new pack every so often. We constantly have different sticker displays on our kitchen table.

Daddy is away in Germany this week, DJing at Fusion Festival, north of Berlin. I took Sam's place on Wednesday morning looking after Eve at home. I had hoped to take her to the park, but it rained all morning so I found some indoor activities instead. She was a really good girl, though she became sad at missing Daddy just before lunch as she was getting tired. 

I dropped her off at nursery for the afternoon session. It was the first time I've done this and put a big smile on my face at the cuteness of it. When we arrived the Bouncies room was dark and all the children were on little mattresses having naps on the floor. I handed a very sleepy Eve over to one of her carers and headed back home to get some chores done.

Painting at home on a rainy day

Creating.

Eve wanted to get involved with my lampshade project, so I set her up next to me so that she could make some Play Doh creations at the same time. 

"Colour my love with sunshine yellow each day..."

This morning we were just about to head out the door  for nursery when Eve pointed out that we both had on the same colour clothes; yellow tops and grey leggings. Uh oh we're gonna end up like those matching mother n daughter combos... hmmm, that actually that sounds quite appealing! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment